Zimmer Supplier Diversity Program
One facet of Zimmer’s overall sourcing strategy is a commitment to supply base diversity. Through our program we enlarge our pool for good ideas and high-quality goods and services, while enhancing economic opportunity. Zimmer is dedicated to the purpose and goals of a strong Supplier Diversity Program. We constantly strive to enhance and build upon our program to identify small, small disadvantaged, women-owned, hubzone, veteran-owned, and service disabled veteran-owned businesses as suppliers. In a global business community, it is clear that companies that value diversity realize new and better relationships, not only with employees, but with customers, suppliers and investors.
The basic components of the Supplier Diversity Program at Zimmer are:
- Outreach - actively seeking diverse supplier through minority and business development organizations and participation in-various trade show activities.
- Certification –verification of HubZone and Small Disadvantaged Businesses.
- Qualification –review and input of selected business criteria and referral to appropriate purchaser for consideration.
What Zimmer is looking for in Suppliers:
- Quality – We set very high standards of performance for ourselves together with the products and services we produce. We expect the same from our suppliers, in areas such as quality, responsiveness, and service commitments.
- Customer Focus – We seek companies that are committed to the same or better customer service goals and objectives.
- Cost Savings – We appreciate suppliers who continually look for ways to help us lower our costs through savings in all areas.
- Innovative Business Solutions – We want companies to join our team who are willing to work toward continuous improvement and more efficient products and services.
- Technology – We look favorably on companies who take advantage of the use of technology to maintain a competitive edge and can add to their responsiveness.
Zimmer uses the Federal Government’s definitions for businesses as stated in Part 19 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation. Accepted certifications:
- Small Business
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- Women-owned Business
- HUBZone Business
- Veteran-owned Small Business
- Service Disabled Veteran-owned Business
Click here to view a letter from David Dvorak, President and Chief Executive Officer of Zimmer regarding our Supplier Diversity Program.
Click to complete our Supplier Diversity Program Questionnaire.