This site is produced and owned by Zimmer, Inc. The content of this site is protected under applicable copyright and trademark laws. Users may print a single copy of the content for their own personal noncommercial use. The further copying, redistribution, or publication of any part of this site is prohibited.
Zimmer has made every effort to source referenced material from health professionals. Content found in the Investors, Corporate, and Medical Professional sections is prepared by qualified Zimmer employees. Content in the patient / caregiver section has been previously reviewed by the Zimmer Editorial Board composed of seven orthopaedic surgeons; as well as by qualified Zimmer employees. Zimmer operates to the applicable standards of the European Medical Device Directive (EU93/42), all applicable regulations promulgated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and has implemented a quality system in compliance with the applicable requirements of ISO 13485 and the U.S. FDA's Quality System Regulation. These set out quality requirements which are specific to medical devices. The standard for human resources, to which the company subscribes, states that "personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, skills and experience."
Zimmer makes no representation as to the availability, accuracy, or completeness of the content of this site. Zimmer shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from users' access to or inability to access this site or from reliance on any information at this site.
Intended for use by U.S. residents
Although accessible by others, the product information on the Zimmer site is intended for use by U.S. residents only unless designated by a national flag or regional symbol. This site links to other sites produced by Zimmer's various operating divisions and subsidiaries, some of which are outside the U.S. Those sites may have information that is appropriate only to the particular originating country or region where the site is based. You should not construe anything on the site as a promotion or solicitation for any product or for the use of any product that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country where you are located.
The site contains information about products that may or may not be available in any particular country or region of the world, may be available under different trademarks in different countries and, where applicable, may be approved or cleared by a government regulatory body for sale or use with different indications and restrictions in different countries.
For health professionals only
Parts of the site are clearly indicated as being for health professionals only. In some countries such sections may not be protected by pass codes. Ill advised and inadvertent access to health professional designated sections by the general public shall not confer on Zimmer liability for any damages or injury resulting from such access to or from reliance on any information therein.
Every effort has been made to present health care information in a clear and an objective manner. From time to time the web site may contain promotional images and slogans in an advertising style for products. If such material does appear on the site, then it is kept to the outer margins of the page with the word advertisement underneath in order not to impose upon the objectivity of the body text.
Information about Zimmer products will be found on the web site. Visitors are advised that alternative products may be available from other manufacturers.
Not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a physician
This site may contain from time to time information related to various health, medical, and fitness conditions and their treatment. Such information is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult a professional medical adviser, such as a physician to determine what courses of treatment, if any, may be appropriate for you.
This site may provide links or references to other web sites not affiliated with Zimmer. Zimmer is not responsible for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from users' access to such sites. Links to other sites are provided only as a convenience to users of our site. However Zimmer has used reasonable efforts to verify that the URLs referring to external web sites are correct, point the visitor to relevant organizations, and were active at the last revision of the Zimmer site.
If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed by anyone making use of Zimmer, Inc. computer systems, you may notify our Designated Agent listed below with the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit Zimmer, Inc. to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the Notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Written Notification containing the below information in complete form must be submitted to our Designated Agent:
This information can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to 574-372-4759.
This contact information is only for reporting copyright infringement, and unrelated inquiries may not receive a response. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere on this site.
Upon receipt of the Notification
Upon receipt of the Notification containing the complete and accurate information listed above, Zimmer, Inc. shall:
- remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- forward the written Notification to such alleged infringer; and
- take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If an alleged infringer wishes to respond to notice and take down of infringing material, he/she may file Counter Notification, a written communication provided to the Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- the Alleged infringer's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Alleged infringer consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Alleged infringer's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the Service Provider may be found, and that the Alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the above information, Zimmer, Inc. shall:
- provide the Complaining Party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- inform the Complaining Party that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days;
- replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Service Provider's Designated Agent has not received notice from the Complaining Party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Zimmer, Inc.'s network or system.